MIMIC SNMP Agent Simulator creates a network of up to 100,000 SNMP manageable devices. You can create any SNMP based device with any number of public or private MIBs to run a large variety of device configurations with your SNMP management application. It lets you generate thousands of traps to simulate disaster scenarios.
- MIMIC simulated devices respond to SNMPv1, SNMPv2C and SNMPv3 queries.
- It appears to the SNMP Network Management Application as if it is talking to actual devices.
- Each device has its own IP (or IPv6) address, independent read and write SNMPv1 community strings or
SNMPv3 USM and VACM parameters, and notion of uptime.
- Devices can be configured at run-time, both on an individual and collective basis.
MIMIC Discovery Wizard can record your production network or test lab with thousands of real-world devices, to simulate them and multiply many times. MIMIC MIB Wizard can compile any number of SNMP MIBs, in any order at the same time.
MIMIC ships with a large number of pre-compiled MIBs, networks and devices from the leading networking companies.
A suite of predefined scenarios is provided to investigate all the possibilities you can face in your mission-critical environment. For example, network down, router down, a range of traffic conditions over a shorter period of time.
Supported Platforms: Windows®, Solaris, Linux and Amazon Cloud.
1. Multiple Agents in One Box
- Family of SNMP simulators with a variety of sizes geared to any budget.
- Simulate up to 100,000 SNMP agent instances on one computer.
- Each agent instance has its own IP (or IPv6) addresses on any subnet.
- Each SNMPv1 agent has independent read and write SNMP community strings.
- Each SNMPv3 agent has independent USM and VACM parameters. (MD5, SHA, SHA-2 / RFC 7860 Authentication, DES, AES, AES-192, AES-256 Privacy).
- Each agent instance has its own notion of uptime, eg. one can be running for 100 days, while another has just started.
2. Customized SNMP Simulation
- Select any subset of supported MIBs for each agent instance.
- Use any of the 2000+ pre-compiled MIBs for devices from the leading networking companies.
- Run any mix of the supplied actual device simulations from the device library, among them are Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, HP, Marconi, 3Com and many more.
- Build your own SNMP simulation with the topologies and devices you need.
3. SNMP Agent Instance Configuration
- Configure each SNMP agent instance individually or collectively.
- Control each MIB object instance of each SNMP agent instance independently or as relationships.
4. Extensible Environment
- Add any MIB to the SNMP simulation by compiling it with the
- Create basic simulations of actual devices with the
- Extend the simulation with standard scripting languages.
- Customize the simulations with a powerful simulation language.
5. Real-time Modifiable Simulations
- Use the MIB browser to manipulate each MIB object simulation independently at run-time.
- Configure the simulation via batch scripts for automated regression testing or hands-off product demonstration.
- Pause simulations to investigate a particular problem and resume at any point in time.
6. Configurable SNMP Trap Generation
- Configure arrival rate, cutoff time, variable values, etc. on a per Trap basis in real-time and generate Trap storms.
- Take snapshots with the Trap Wizard to replicate exact Trap sequences.
7. Recording Environment
- Take snapshots of real world scenarios and simulate them almost immediately.
- Discover large networks with Discovery Wizard.
- Create dynamic simulations over time with Snapshot Wizard.