The MIMIC Redfish Simulator, the industry's first integrated simulation tool supporting Redfish, allows developers to perform real world, integrated device simulations. MIMIC simulates thousands of Redfish-capable devices. MIMIC allows suppliers of Redfish devices and applications to design, develop and test their products in a virtual and scalable network environment, assuring customers that their applications will be able to handle the scales of messages and different types of requests to work properly when deployed across heterogeneous environments.
Redfish - A new standard to replace IPMI. It is web based and uses REST/JSON API.
MIMIC Redfish simulator is much more than the simple mockup supplied by DMTF allowing to simulate many different devices. The simulated devices will send back dynamic responses.
MIMIC simulator enables testing of many types of client applications:
- Development and Testing: Redfish application developers can implement
their products quickly and test reliably - specifically, the testing of
scalability against thousands of sensors.
- Evaluation: By creating various heterogeneous environment of devices, it is easy to evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or qualify purchases before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.
MIMIC Redfish Simulator includes the following components:
Redfish simulator: MIMIC can simulate thousands of Redfishv based devices. Each one can be started or stopped individually or in a group. Each one has it's own IP address, Port and version. Once started, the device starts sending and responding to the Redfish requests dynamically to/from any management application from anywhere in the network.
MIMICShell: Redfish functionality can be controlled by MIMIC Command line interface.
Supported Platforms: Windows®, Linux and Amazon Cloud. (details)
If you are interested in creating your test lab with devices and topology,
MIMIC Simulator Suite Suite allows you to create SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, NetFlow, sFlow, IPMI, Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Telnet/SSH based devices. You can simulate as many as 100,000 devices in a lab. It includes MIMIC Recorder to record your production network and duplicate it in your test lab.